Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Zucchini Slice

Ingredients:

375g zucchini
1 large onion
3 rashers bacon
1 cup grated cheddar cheese
1 cup SR flour
1/2 cup oil
5 eggs
salt, pepper


Method:

Grate unpeeled zucchini, finely chop onion and bacon. Combine zucchini, onion, bacon, cheese, sifted flour, oil and lightly beaten eggs. Season with salt and pepper. Bake in moderate oven 30 - 40 minutes or until browned.


Notes:

Gail gave me the tip of adding 1 grated carrot to the mixture as well. I also like to grate my zucchini on the fine side so that it is not as coarse. I find my kids eat it better this way. I have also found that the middle of the slice can still be quite soggy so I cook mine for another 20 minutes at a lower heat so that I can make sure it is cooked through.

No comments:

Post a Comment