Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Cafe Rio Pulled Pork & Green Sauce

This is a recipe I got from my friend Mandy and is the closest copy cat recipe to Cafe Rio that I have tried. It is so simple and easy and one of my favorite 'go to' crock pot dishes! 

Ingredients:

Pulled Pork - 
1 Pork Loin
2 Cups Salsa
2 Cups Brown Sugar

Green Sauce - 

1 1/3 Cups sour cream
3/4 cup mayonaise
1 Small bunch of cilantro
I packet of hidden valley ranch dressing mix
1-2 cloves of garlic
1-2 dashes of tabasco
4 Tbsp Salsa Verde
1-2 Limes Juiced

Method:

Pulled Pork - 
Mix salsa and brown sugar in bottom of crock pot. Add Pork loin and baste with salsa mixture. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or high for 6-8 hours. 

Green Sauce - 

Combine all ingredients in blender and blend until smooth. 

Bec's Tips: 

I don't love the taste of cilantro so I use half a bunch of cilantro and half a bunch of parsley instead. It makes the sauce not as strong. The recipe for the green sauce makes a lot so I halve it and find we still have lots left over. 

I have also made this recipe using chicken before as I had no pork. I used 4 chicken breasts and cooked it on low for 6 hours. 


No comments:

Post a Comment